24 July 2006

Lady in the Water

I went into it thinking I was going to hate it. Really I only saw it because Mike wanted to. But we both LOVED it!!! I'll admit that it's totally bizarre, and on paper would look really odd, but somehow it worked. M. Night is a GENIUS! I want to hate him for being arrogant, but I can't deny the truth. "Enchanting" is the only way I can describe the film. I recognize that it's totally a lame word, but it's true. It totally sucked me in and I believed every minute of it. Plus Paul Giamatti is AMAZING. Whether it's Bruce Willis, Joaquin Phoenix, or Paul Giamatti, M. Night always gets amazing, quiet performances from his actors. I love it!

So if you find enchanting lame, don't see it. If you do see it let me know because all I read are bad reviews but I loved it so much I want to see if anyone else does.

Also… Clerks II…. HYSTERICAL!!! Definitely check that one out – nothing enchanting about it! Anne Frank...Transformers....Lord of the Rings.... it's great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok so I really had no idea what you were talking about, but thought you should see this cnn article:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/25/film.giamatti.qa.ap/index.html