31 December 2008

Baloney & Cereal Oh-Eight Sillies: TV

Now television I can do. Television can be viewed while you sit disabled on a sofa for 2 months. Thank god for television.

Best TV of 2008

1. Chuck - Because I watch or DVR 4 shows on Monday nights. And this is always the show that I watch last on Tuesday evenings - because it is the one that is guaranteed to be good. And it makes me happy. I can't think of a single character I don't love to pieces.

2. Fringe - I've been rewatching the season on Hulu this week. God it's good. And although the "freaks of the week" and the larger conspiracy are interesting things, it's the characters that really make this show. Mostly Pacey and his father. They are so well played, I just want to hug the TV screen.

3. Pushing Daisies - So sad that this show is canceled. It's another just plain feel-good show. It's witty and wry, with a fairy-tale feel, the dialogue is so smart and quick, and again these characters are fun. Mostly Emerson Cod. Oh how I will miss seeing him every week.

4. 30 Rock - The goddamned funniest show on television. Only this show would make a Lemon Party reference (Google if you must; NSFW). Liz Lemon is the woman I want to be, she's perfect in every way. Alec Baldwin is amazing. Again, just great dialogue and characters.

5. The Office - A goddamned close second. Toby came back. Yay!

6. So You Think You Can Dance - I need to get my leg fixed so that I can dance along when this show returns this summer. It's infectious and has people with real talent (!) and I love it.

7. Heroes - For all of its faults, it's still a fun show with great characters. I pretty much am committed to drinking the Kool-Aid with this show. I don't over-think, I just go with the flow.

8. Lost - Definitely looking forward to its imminent return. The freighter characters they added this year were actually interesting! And of course it was one hell of a cliffhanger.

Worst TV of 2008

American Idol and Big Brother. Never again.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow, clearly I don't watch current television. I haven't seen any of those shows!