27 November 2008

My Thanksgiving

It's official. I married a saint. Not only did Mike make the entire Thanksgiving dinner himself, he did it while I micro-managed and nagged from the couch. And it was really good.

Lucky for him, I was mostly distracted while he cooked - I video-chatted with the family in PA for over 2 1/2 hours. That was a lot of fun. While we were chatting, I got to witness The Apple Pie From Hell - Mary made it. It looked hella good, I'm sorry I missed it.

Here's the complete dinner, along with a close-up of the awesome Gratin of Cauliflower with Gruyere.



What better way to digest your food than by watching Top Chef? My cast felt tighter - I guess the food went straight to my legs.


And because Mike finds it hysterical, here is the picture he took of me all Valiumed up in the ER Tuesday night.



And this is what we call my "old lady stool" - for showering.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Awesome for the food, not so awesome for the druggie pic! Poor baby! Stay strong and enjoy all those leftovers! Yum!