19 January 2009

24: Viewer Discretion is Advised

The Prime Minister and his wife are holed up in his Safe Room. Jack pulls a MacGruber - we'll gas them out! Using basic household products! Don't try this at home, kids.

Surprise - the wife pussed out and opened the door. Who says women can handle pain? Renee shows up to the house just as The Gang loads the PM and his wife into a spiffy yellow van. (White vans are for amateurs.) Aaaand she gets caught. God, these women are the suck tonight!

Emerson wants to kill Renee for meddling, and orders Jack to do it. I want to kill her for second-guessing Jack and whining excessively. Jack gives her a nice flesh wound instead, but has to bury her body. He covers her in plastic - now correct me if I'm wrong, but she can't breathe through that, right? Why no struggling to breathe? That made no sense. Also, she got the Silent Clock. But I don't think she's actually dead. The Silent Clock means nothing anymore.

I think that the sole purpose of the President's husband's subplot is to set the scenes outside of Washington monuments. That way they can prove that we're not in L.A. anymore. I don't pay attention to what they say because they're boring. Instead I try to figure out where they are in DC.

Of course, just as I say that, something actually happens in the subplot. The Secret Service agent poisons the First Husband and confesses to killing his son.

I called that FBI dude banging that FBI chick. I may not know their names, but I totally called it the second he walked over to her desk. He may be cheating, but he's not completely heartless - he got his wife's plane landed early after all. What more does that bitch want?

I really like Janeane Garofalo's matchy-matchy purple shirt and glasses. I want those glasses. She doesn't suck.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Not too much for me to add..a good episode but one that just builds and fills the plot.
*The FBI agent was LOOSELY covered with plastic...she can breathe. :-)
*Where the heck was Bill?
*Jack Bauer's use and knowledge of household chemicals surely made him Senior Class President in his high school.
* The silent clock HAS been cheapened.
*Is "Adrian Brody" going to be gone in the next couple of episodes?! And on to the next head-of-bad guys? The preview showed a confrontation...