16 January 2009

Battlestar Galactica Returns

January snuck up on me. I kind of slept on this show returning.

No signs of human life on Planet Earth, and not much in the way of plant life either. Earth was nuked about 2000 years ago. Everyone's a little upset about it, especially President Roslin. And Dee, who kills herself over it. R.I.P. Dee.

They excavate the planet, and find the remains of the 13th Tribe -- and they were Cylons, not humans. Dun dun dun. Starbuck finds the crashed remains of her ship -- with her dead body in it. DUN DUN DUN!! That's freaky and cool. She burns the body, and no one but Leoben knows about it.

Adama and Tigh have this vicious, awesome confrontation. I was giddy from it! Lots of drinking and frakking and Adama begging Tigh to kill him.

The Final Cylon is revealed (already?) -- and it's Ellen, Saul's ex-wife, who is only his ex-wife because he, you know, killed her. Meh, I don't know what to think about that. I figured the Final Cylon would be a side character. But then what does this make Starbuck?

All I know is, these 10 episodes are going to be hella depressing, aren't they?

No comments: