02 July 2007

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye (Sing With Me)


KICKASSKICKASSKICKASSKICKASSKICKASSKICKASSKICKASSKICKASSKICKASSKICKASS
We went to the first showing of Transformers tonight at 8:00.
This movie was AWESOME! Look, it's not going to win any Oscars. But it had everything you could want in a summer movie based on a series of toys from your childhood. The effects are INCREDIBLE. Spoiler alert: cars turn into robots. Giant, awesome robots. And there are plenty of Michael Bay Camera Shots (TM). You know the ones: people stand up in front of smoke in slo-mo while the camera circles around them. Good stuff.

The audience laughed, cheered, and applauded. I wanted to give a standing ovation at one point. I think I clouded up a bit when Optimus Prime spoke for the first time. Only see this movie if you are prepared to have your mind blown for 2 1/2 hours. I'll be going back to see it again this week. It's definitely the best action movie of the summer so far, and WAY better than that Speederman crap.

3 comments:

Karen said...

JP saw it las night at 8:30 as well and loved it.

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to see it last week for a advance screening. I loved it! After it was over everyone there started clapping. Not to my surprise the "professional" critics aren't giving it such good rating.

Kim said...

this movie sucked