21 August 2009

Inglourious Basterds Is Glourious


This movie is AMAZING! AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! I don't even know what to say about it. I loved it so much. I wish it were longer.

It's Quentin Tarantino's version of WWII and it's pretty much how you'd expect: violent, darkly funny, and talky. The dialogue is amazing. What's even better is that much of it is in German or French with subtitles. I really loved that about the movie. It's amazing that QT's great talent for writing dialogue can still come through in another language.

Brad Pitt is great in this. I'll be talking like him all weekend now. The movie has that constant undercurrent of humor and also that "WTF!?" kind of reaction that Tarantino's outlandish scenes always have. It's really just fabulous. I feel speechless. Most of the cast is unknown and they're all great. The main villain in this - played by Christoph Waltz (no relation) - is INCREDIBLE!!! He's only been in German films before and he's just outstanding. Creepy and funny and deadly and scary and multilingual. He looks like a cross between Robert Knepper and Tim Roth. He's so good, I wanted to see more of him.

There really should be a lot more of this movie. I wanted more exploits of the Inglourious Basterds and more of The Jew Hunter. There simply wasn't enough.

Great movie. Amazing dialogue. Crazy ending. Loved it and can't wait to see it again!! It's fun, OK? Killing Nazis is fun!

No comments: