23 August 2009

Top Chef: Las Vegas

For this season, we're in Las Vegas, and evidently everyone has some kind of culinary award. Well that's a good way to get rid of the bottom feeders and the soccer moms. But because it's in Vegas, we get showgirls and gambling references and poker chips as rewards. Maryland's representing: there's at least one person from Baltimore and a dude from Frederick, of all places. We've also got 2 brothers who look an awful lot alike and a few chicks who look like dudes.

The first challenge is one of those relay races where they have to shuck clams, clean lobsters, and butcher chops. One chick was bleeding all over the place. Yum.

Elimination Challenge: Cook a dish based on a vice you have. This would be easy for me - I could make anything, as long as it's food, that's my vice. It would likely involve flour, butter, and chocolate.

I like big, old Hector, the Lumberjack-looking dude, and the Haitian dude. The Haitian works down here, so I'll have to check out his restaurant some time.

Guest Judge Wolfgang Puck was great. He should always be on this show - he was funny and throwing donuts around.

Best part of the show? Gail's fat arms are back. She was too thin last season. I like my Gail curvy!

Bye-bye: Jen. At least I think that was her name. She had those huge holes in her earlobes and a massive tattoo at the front of her neck. And she cooked with wheat gluten instead of meat. Bye, weirdo!!!

No comments: