05 August 2009

SYTYCD Finale: Performances

Finale! Already! Ugh. That's OK - we get a Fall season.

Cat's looking gorgeous, in a dress style that I totally associate with her - a sparkly, belted-tunic-type thing. Plus rocking hair and ultra-high heels. Love it.

Guest Judge: Adam Shankman. Which is perfect because he's a great judge, and it leaves Mia Michaels to choreograph something. Actually, we got all the greatest choreographers tonight!

I'm prepared for Evan to be hella awkward. I can't even imagine what he'll look like paired up with Brandon.

The group dance was choreographed by Wade Robson. It was a cute little peppy little cheerleader/jock number.

Jeanine and Evan: Jazz by Sonya. It actually fit them really well. I thought Jeanine was amazing, and Evan wasn't bad (which is a huge compliment from me). LOL that Evan could jump up on her back.

Brandon's solo was athletic and crazy. Mary cried with pride.

Kayla and Brandon: Broadway by Tyce. It was tough and energetic and fun and they were amazing. Kayla looked fierce too with her long blonde ponytail.

Jeanine did this great kind of solo-tango thing with amazing pirouettes, and kept the Tits under wraps. You know, she really has gotten better every week, and made her partners even better every time. She should maybe win because of that. Hell, she made Evan look OK tonight.

Evan and Brandon: Pop Jazz by Laurieann Gibson to "Nasty" by Janet Jackson. Oh hells yes that song got me pumped!!! Brandon hit the stuff WAAAY harder and was better, as I expected. I guess Evan wasn't horrible. It's just that standing next to Brandon is a problem. And Evan's alleged "adorableness" gets in the way of trying to act "nasty." The judges said as much, so now I'm afraid Soccer Moms and Claymates are going to vote in droves for Evan.

Kayla and Jeanine: Contemporary by Mia Michaels. Wow, they were great. I think Janine wins this round because her movements seemed a lot bigger to me. I'm pretty much in love with Janine tonight.

Evan's solo was exactly what you'd expect. Sweaty pits, flips, and Broadway faces. I mean, he's talented, but just annoying and pasty. And dull compared to these others, frankly. And he hasn't grown. Thank you, Nigel. That's the real issue - no growth or reaching outside of his style. Great, now that the judges were down on him again, his votes just doubled.

Kayla and Evan: Jive by Tony & Melanie. OK, so they totally threw Evan a bone here. It's clearly his style and about the only thing he can handle. It was set to country music. Great. Middle American Claymates love country music. It was fine. It was his style, which annoys me. Adam said it didn't reach the level of the other performances. Agree! Mary slayed him. Everyone booed and started a cheer for Evan. Goddammit, judges, you're making America vote for him!!!

Kayla's solo was good, but pretty standard Kayla stuff. I think Janine's the only one who really came out and did something different.

Jeanine and Brandon: Paso Doble by The French Dude. Way to save the best for last!! That was CRAZY. GOOD. Way to show them how it's done, guys!!

Please, America, come through for me. Mike can only press "Redial" so much. I thought for sure I wanted Brandon to win, but after tonight I can't decide between Brandon and Jeanine now!! Jeanine might deserve it more. Hell, even if Kayla wins I'd be OK. Evan on the bottom or DIE.

No comments: