27 September 2009

Project Runway (aka Still Catching Up On The DVR)

It's the return of my favorite burn victim, Collier Strong. Mike and I love nothing more than doing impressions of Collier. Mostly impressions of him dipping his face into acid or spreading kerosene all over his face before lighting it on fire. The guy has bad skin, is what I'm saying.

Challenge: Designs inspired by movie genres, with the creation of some character backstory to go with them. I love how detailed some designers get with stories - Victorian vampire brides and ice queens who rule the universe.

Ra'mon hates his sci-fi design and starts over with 2 hours left. A lot of the designs are really gorgeous and/or cool. Ra'mon's is a hot reptilian mess, but probably better as a dress than as the bodysuit he had started with.

Loved: Carol Hannah's action adventure chick, Shirin's Western saloon girl, Althea's film noir, Epperson's Western denim dress, and Gordana's flapper-style period piece.

Winner: Nicholas and his sci-fi ice queen.

Bye-bye: Ra'mon. I'm kind of surprised because he was at least risky and ambitious. I thought for sure they'd boot Louise for being boring. How sad.

No comments: