07 September 2009

Welcome to Bizzaro World

This post is about gardening.

Yes, you're on the right blog. I gardened this weekend. I'm a gardener.

It was hot, humid, dirty, and gross, but I actually helped Mike outside instead of just lying around in air-conditioning. And it was kind of fun.

We bought an Earth Box and planted oregano, rosemary (I could live with the smell of rosemary forever and be happy), basil, and mint. The Earth Box is supposed to be idiot-proof -- we'll see. If it's successful, I'll want to plant tomatoes too.



We also planted a key lime tree. It's Mike's Big Experiment. But even if we get no limes, the tree smells great.


And we also added some blue-flowering ground cover in the back and some green lantern lights. This is how one prepares for winter in Florida!


2 comments:

Karen said...

Jealous about that Key Lime tree!! I hope it's a success! Welcome to the world of "getting off the couch!" hee hee hee

Anne said...

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around you gardening. When we first moved down here my parents planted all kinds of citrus trees - key lime, lime, lemon, orange, and grapefruit. Now 13 years later we have more key limes and grapefruits than we know what to do with. We're constantly begging people to take some when they leave our house. Just wait till you get that first harvest - there's nothing better than squeezing fresh key lime in your drinks! (But remember to cut it into 1/6 slices like you would a regular lime because they are STRONG.)