21 December 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

8:55 AM Yes, I am pathetic and I am going to be throwing myself my own birthday party!! I woke up early and worked out, but for the rest of the day I'm doing what I want to do! You know you're obsessed with food when you've been planning what you're going to eat on your birthday for a week.

My first birthday wishes came from Germany!! (Sorry, Karen, Houman beat you to it.) I'll let him explain why he's in Germany.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going out to get a Boston Cream Donut and a Soy Chai Latte....

10:15 AM ... and they were delicious. The drink even more so since my neighbor was working at Starbucks and didn't charge me! Holla! Tragically, I have to work a little from home today. So that people can get paid. I guess it's nice to have money during the holidays. So I'll do it.

11:25 AM My Birthday iTunes Playlist. OK, so here is the very eclectic mix of music I downloaded from iTunes today. They have a feature that selects songs they think you'd like and goddamnit if they weren't 75% correct. I got most of these songs based on the recommendations! I guess I'm predictable, at least in my love for '80's music.

Daughtry - the whole album (I guess he dropped the "Chris" - that's SO rock and roll)
Linkin Park's Reanimation album (it was the only way to get "My December" and I actually don't have this album anyway)
"Somebody Told Me" - The Killers
"Wise Up" - Aimee Mann
"Perfect Way" - Scritti Politti
"I Can't Wait" - Nu Shooz
"True Faith" - New Order
"Eye of the Tiger" - Survivor (because it will forever take me back to the Pizza Hut jukebox)
"How Soon is Now?" - The Smiths
"A Benihana Christmas" - The Office

3:30 PM What the hell have I been doing all afternoon? I did some pre-vacation DVR cleaning. Watched some Heroes and the documentary The Comedians of Comedy - very good by the way. Now I'm off to get my hair did.

6:00 PM Hair is done. Now I get the birthday meal I've wanted since I walked by Cheeburger Cheeburger and saw that they were making Peppermint Milkshakes. Count me in!! Can I put a candle in it? Maybe in the burger.

1 comment:

KM said...

I hope your birthday celebrations include a margarita on the rocks, or bourbon straight up!