27 December 2006

What I Did on My Christmas Vacation

We arrived in Baltimore on Saturday afternoon. That night we had a great dinner with friends, most of whom we see only at the annual Christmas dinner. Sunday we drove to Pennsylvania for the day, where we exchanged gifts with my family and ate entirely too much good food. On Christmas Eve night, we took Ryan to Hamden. It's a Baltimore neighborhood that goes all out for the holidays. I mean All. Out. The lights were amazing and it was a nice night to walk around.



On Christmas, we exchanged gifts with Mike's family and ate entirely too much good food. That night we continued our tradition of joining the area Jews for Chinese food. Actually, we had sushi. I even tried some non-vegetarian stuff. I can't say I liked the fish, but I loved the scallops. We couldn't find a movie worth seeing, so we just watched a lot of movie trailers on the internet.

Yesterday morning we drove through the old Owings Mills 'hood, and had a bagel - we have yet to find a good bagel place in Florida. This was the greatest bagel of my life. Today we're back up in Pennsylvania for a few days. We're going to a basketball game tonight at my high school - the kids that I used to babysit for are now on the team. So that will be interesting, and I'm going to feel REALLY old.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas!

No comments: