07 December 2006

The Real World: The Mother of All Fights

HOLY CRAP!! I'm freaking out because I just caught up on The Real World: Denver. I watched the first 3 episodes in a row. That's the best way to watch the first few episodes of a season, because it's great to see, "We're best friends, all my roommates are great!" and then 40 minutes later, "She slept with the guy I like" and the dudes fighting.

I feel like quoting Anchorman: "Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast." I don't know where it came from, but suddenly 2 really drunk dudes were screaming and fighting. From what I could tell, the gay Christian dude (Davis) was egging on the huge black dude (Tyree) and asking him to hit him. Roommates intervened. Then Davis comes at Tyree again, crying and screaming. Then producers intervened. You know that's serious, because if The Real World has one thing it's journalistic integrity, and the producers don't like to get on camera.

So Davis says he's leaving because he feels threatened and drops the n-bomb!!!!!! Oh my god this can't be good. This was the craziest fight I've ever seen in my life. But I'm equally blown away that the next day they worked through it like adults. Davis pulled out the Mel Gibson "I have a drinking problem" excuse and the brothers reached out to him and said they wanted him to stay.

This is why I stopped drinking....

No comments: