20 December 2006

Psychic Predictions: Rocky Balboa


So no secret that I flip-flopped on Rocky Balboa and now can't wait to see it. Have you noticed that the commercials now heavily feature Milo Ventimiglia? No? I have. Before Heroes, you barely knew he was in it.

Anyway, it's out today and I'll see it either tonight or tomorrow. The question is: will I actually like it? Spoiler alert: it's actually supposed to be really good! I thought I'd post these Amazing Predictions (TM) before seeing it:

Rocky will drink raw eggs.

Rocky will do pull-ups on a fence.

Rocky will lift heavy chains.

Rocky will hit some meat.

Get it, because he's poor and can't afford to work out in a real gym!

Wait a minute, shouldn't he be rich? I am a Rocky expert. While I haven't technically seen the other Rocky movies, isn't he a big-time boxer? Where'd that money go?

During the main fight at the end, it will look like Rocky is going to lose. Then he will look over at his crooked-lip son, who will be urging him to get up and fight (and maybe throw in Adrian's name there as motivation - you know something like, Do it for mom!), and will suddenly have the power to finish the fight and win. Or he'll die in the ring. Either one.

If he doesn't die, at the very end of the movie he will take his belt or whatever the hell boxers win to Adrian's grave. "See, baby, I did it for you. I wish you could have been here to see it." And....roll credits.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Ha! You'll have to tell me how it ends, but I'm sure you are right on the money!

Karen said...

From the Rocky expert: "Rocky I swallows eggs and beats meat, fights Apollo to the end; Rocky II greasy fast, Italian speed, beats Apollo; Rocky III makes all his money fighting no one, has to find himself in order to beat Mr T (I pitty the fool); Rocky IV has to avenge Apollo's death at the hands of the Russian; Rocky V brother Pauley lost all of his money, moves back to Philly, streetbrawls Tommy-the-Gun (his protege). Rocky Balboa: back to the basics. NOW YOU'RE READY!

Juju said...

Oh thanks for catching me up, JP. Now I know why he can't afford gym equipment and skillets.