13 June 2008

Hulk Suck


So I gotta be honest here. I did NOT like The Incredible Hulk. I mean I sat through it, and it wasn't torture, but it wasn't money. And it was certainly no Iron Man.

I guess when it comes to superheroes, I prefer mine more realistic and human. I like the Tony Starks and the Bruce Waynes - the human guys who rely on technology. Not the Bruce Banners that turn into large animated characters. And in the end the Hulk is really just a cartoon.

I'm disappointed because I was hoping it would be good. It has Tim Roth, people! Tim Roth! Do you have any idea how long it's been since I saw him on the big screen? And, believe me, he's awesome, but he alone cannot save this film. And I love Ed Norton to death, but he seemed really uninterested. He's just becoming this mumbler of an actor. What's that, Ed? Speak up!

The film was also poorly edited. It seemed like scenes were either cut short or pieced together weird, or I was all, how the eff did we get there? Boo.

The two positive things: an appearance by said Tony Stark (too brief, but still there) and the sad Hulk music. The classic Sad Hulk music from the show. Excellent!

No comments: