13 June 2010

The A-Team


Do you have any idea how happy I am that The A-Team movie wasn't a huge disappointment? I loved the show as a kid and was really hoping they wouldn't screw this up. It was awesome.

For me, if you have a good Murdock, you have a great A-Team. And Sharlto Copley's Murdock was every bit as good as I thought he'd be. The whole team had great chemistry together, even if you couldn't always understand Rampage Jackson's mumblings. And even I can't deny that tanned, blond Bradley Cooper ain't hard to look at. He totally played the perfect, charming Faceman. And Patrick Wilson as a CIA douchebag was great too - totally eccentric. Every character in the movie was kind of a bit off-kilter. It really is the kind of movie where you can tell people had fun making it and it had all these little moments that seem unscripted and just fun.

What can I say? This A-Team fangirl had a big smile on her face the whole time. It has a great cast and those crazy, perfectly-timed stunts that are an A-Team signature. It also sets itself up nicely for a sequel, and maybe even a villain played by a guy who really would make a cool, badass A-Team 2 villain.

No comments: