22 January 2007

24: Dessert, Anyone?

Now on to the DVR for a commercial-free 24. Which is the only way the show should be viewed.

RIP 12,000 Los Angelenos and all of the CTU field teams.

WHAT??!! The Bluetooth Baddie is Jack's brother??!! Lamest. Plot twist. Ever. We're supposed to believe that bald, slug-looking guy, who was working with the terrorists last season, is Jack's brother? This makes zippy sense. (Heroes crossover alert: Graham's wife, and one-time girlfriend of Jack's, is Nathan Petrelli's wife.) Mike was like, What if Graham's kid, who clearly suffers from gigantism, turns out to be Jack's kid? I'll tell you what - then I quit.

I'm going to give a big YAWN to the Presidential Plotline. It's hella boring, Wayne is the worst president ever. At least he didn't mention his brother this episode. I was about to add that to the 24 Drinking Game. Also included in this YAWN is his sister's plotline. In all of her scenes, they essentially repeated the same dialogue. You have nothing to add, stop talking in circles.

I got excited when Jack went for the lamp electrical cord. I was hoping for some Paul Raines-style lamp torture. No such luck. We get plastic bag torture. It's lamer.

Oh, and I hope Assad isn't disappearing from the plot. He and CTU are the only things currently holding my interest. And he now has the Bill Buchanan Seal of Approval, since he finally got that handshake.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, Jen, Jen...you're way off. Okay, not WAY off, but your view of 24 is obviously TAINTed by your love of Heros (it's not difficult to keep a show interesting when it's in it's first season), and Prison Break (yes, season 2, but good luck to that show with plot line freshness). We here in the Peterkin household thought last night was promising:

1. The bunker. The bunker is much better than the Oval Office. Sure, we might be disappointed. But the bunker is all good. And Palmer now needs to get pissed off and start being a man. But we think it IS difficult to reinvent the policital plot lines each season. This may just be the same...
2. Assad--who knows where he is going. Will he make it to DC? Will he be bad? Will he stay in LA?
3. We LIKED Graham being Jack's brother. Really it surprised us and we liked that. It's not a soap opera YET. He obviously knows Graham is shady, otherwise he wouldn't be torturing him. I too thought he might do the Paul-style torture, but aren't you glad he did something NEW? I am. Jack is back baby!
4. I wanted that clip of Chloe punching somebody...they teased me...it was nowhere to be found.

Give them some slack. It's episode 5 out of 24. You know some are lamer than others. Just give it some time, and faith- it'll pull through

Juju said...

I'm not giving up on the show. I just call lame when I see it. And that was lame.

I had this thought this morning - what if Assad is taken to the White House and then it turns out that's what he wanted all along and he kills Wayne? Only who would care. He might not have weapons, but he has teeth and he IS the Middle Eastern Jack Bauer.

Anonymous said...

that freak kid is definitely Jacks kid…..he’s like a even more retarded version of Hally Joel Osment