29 January 2007

Orlando Trip: Disney Edition

I love Epcot Center so much it makes me hate myself. I hate Disney. Don’t know why, I just do. But dammit they know how to make an amusement park. Epcot is my favorite because it has two parts – Future World and the World Showcase – plus it’s more adult-friendly than the other Disney parks. So adult-friendly, in fact, that one of the rides has killed people. Mission Space. Here are before and after photos of Mike.








He HATED this ride. It made him sick. I LOVED it. Sure, you can’t breathe or swallow for about 3 seconds because of the G-forces. But you survive, so it’s all good. I’d do it again; Mike would do the “less intense” version.

I love all of the “countries” at Epcot, except for “America”. I don’t see the point, except I guess it’s for people who have never been to DC or Philadelphia to see the real things. For me it’s a quick walk-by. We had lunch in Germany and dinner in Mexico. I love all of the shops, and almost everything is authentic. But I have a beef with Mexico. Tostitos? Really? That just sticks out like a sore thumb.









Here’s a picture of us in Morocco. I wore my African AIDS shirt – in poor taste, or making a statement? (Morocco’s basically the Middle East anyway.)









I know I say everything is my favorite, but my Favorite Thing at Epcot is the place where you can try different sodas from around the world. Most of them are nasty, but of course I try them every time. The Italian ginger soda is money.
So I am in love with Orlando. Not so in love with the traffic coming home, but still a great trip.

No comments: