23 January 2007

Oscar Nominations

I don't know, this just wasn't the Most Exciting Awards Season Ever for me. But here are my thoughts on some of the nominations. First of all, THANK THE GODS ABOVE that Beyonce did not get nominated. I'm sick of seeing her arm pits on the red carpet. She'll probably still go, she was probably nominated for a song, but at least she has no shot at Best Actress.

Best Picture (Babel, The Departed, Letters from Iwo Jima, Little Miss Sunshine, The Queen) - I'm glad Little Miss Sunshine got in there. I've only seen that and The Departed. Based on that level of expertise, The Departed should win.

Best Supporting Actor - Mark Wahlberg was nominated. Wait, he's the only acting nomination from The Departed. That's odd - there were so many good performances. But I'll take his - I heard a Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch song on the way in to work this morning ("Wildside") and it made me reflect on how far he has come.

Best Supporting Actress - Abigail Breslin for Little Miss Sunshine. Yay! She is SO the new Dakota Fanning.

No comments: