29 January 2007

Orlando Trip: Fanboys Edition

So, yes, I had a glorious time in my fanboy element at the FX Show. Besides the Heroes panel, we also went to see Lance Henriksen. That was interesting because there were only 10-15 people in the room, so it was an intimate little discussion. (So intimate that I thought it would be rude to take a flash picture right in his face, thus the blurry-finger photo.) He had some great stories about working in TV and with James Cameron, who he has known since he was living in his car. Mike asked him a question about Aliens. Good thing I had recently seen the Aliens movies in a marathon several weeks back.
I graciously decided it would also be rude to take pictures of the fanboys right in their faces, so here are some general photos of the room. You can see some little dude in one of them - he's from Star Wars or Willow or one of those millions of 80's films that employed midgets. The crowd was what I expected. And I loved them all.

People were selling old Transformers toys and Star Wars glasses (Mike got those) and comics and photos, etc. etc. There was a Creators Alley that had a ton of comic book artists. But the award for Most Bizarre goes to a company that will make you up to look like you have been murdered or like you have died in some gruesome fashion, then take a large black and white crime scene photo of you. It was freaky, and yet pretty damn cool. But I wondered what kind of disturbing people would hang that in their living room. I know they're out there.

I wore my "Petrelli for Congress" shirt, and got lots of adoring looks and 6 comments. I'm an attention whore. (Then last night, before we got home, we stopped at the grocery store and the deli guy asked "Is that somebody running here in Florida?" That was a sure sign I was back in the real world. For the record - it's a character on Heroes.)

No comments: