16 February 2009

24

I was a little bitter when I read that Aaron was coming back in this episode earlier today. Spoiler warning, people. But his name was in the credits anyway, so I would have known in advance. Morris's name too. Yay Morris!

Did you know that if the President's spouse is kidnapped the President is supposed to step down? I read that somewhere so it must be true. Now I know why - the President is leaving the office to go to the hospital. Sorry, sweetheart. President first, wife second.

Bill Buchanan's word is gospel in the White House, so he now heads up the President's security detail and gets Chloe in to help the FBI track down the mole. The President asks Bill to have someone get her estranged daughter and bring her to the hospital. Bill has the right man for the job - Aaron! AARON!!!!!

Morris (MORRIS!!!!!) and their son, Prescott, drop Chloe off at her new job. Janeane Garofalo is all sneaky-weird and suspicious about Chloe being there. Either we're supposed to think she's the mole, which I don't, or she's just jealous and nosy as hell.

Dubaku is, like the dumbest idiot on the planet, lurking behind a Denny's to talk to his waitress girlfriend when he's supposed to be heading a terrorist operation. He wants to leave the country and take her with him.

Naturally, the disabled sister is not down with this plan. They need not worry about it, as Jack and Renee bust into their apartment. They tell the sisters who Dubaku really is, and use them as bait. Dubaku sends a driver for the girlfriend, with Jack and Renee (via Chloe) tracking her.

Janeane Garofalo breaches Chloe's tracking system in her snooping, and knows that they're trapping Dubaku. Suddenly, DC police build a roadblock around Jack's car and arrest them, claiming there are warrants against them. Those warrants were just issued by the FBI mole -- who turns out to be the little white dude at the FBI who was having the affair. (I don't do names, clearly.) He was the obvious choice I guess.

1 comment:

Karen said...

1. Mole = Shawn I believe
2. Prescott as a name is way too "buffy" for Chloe but maybe not for a Brit. Cute.
3. Hey, Dubaku is in love. He has to go get his woman. He's looking around to make sure no one is going to get him.
4. 5 hours of surgery on the First Gentleman = we'll resolve that storyline during the last half of the season
5. I cannot stand Strawberry Freckleface and her whining about emotions. Okay, so I'm a woman who has shed tears watching my children sleep, but Renee is FBI not a stay at home mom. FBI, woman or man, has NO feelings or attachment to GET THE JOB DONE. Like a Jedi. How dare she slap Jack in the preview for next week. Yea, that's the way to get through to him. She knows nothing and I'm sick of her womanly whining. I'm done.