26 February 2009

Top Chef

I didn't blog this season of Top Chef because it mostly bored me. I loved Fabio. He cracked me up. I hated Hosea. I didn't watch the finale live, and was good about avoiding my TV blogs today to avoid being spoiled. But I went on People.com and there it was - the winner. Eff. And it was Hosea. EFF! I was hoping for Carla to win, and even though Stefan's a cocky prick, he's a talented cocky prick. I never thought Hosea had that much talent.

KING CAKE! I was just talking up King Cake the other day. Love it so!

I liked that they brought back the previous seasons' runners-up as the sous chefs. When Hosea got Richard, his win suddenly made sense. Richard is AWESOME! Stefan got Marcel (and they deserve each other), and Carla got Casey, who is also great.

Carla didn't really stand by what she wanted to do - she let Casey have too much influence. She used a new method for the beef and tried a souffle and it didn't work out because it wasn't Carla. If she had just trusted her instincts and did the amazing food she's done all along, she would have won. And she knew it. Poor Carla. Broke my heart.

Hosea's meal on the whole was definitely better - Carla and Stefan did cruddy desserts as their last course and that S never works out.

I can't believe Hosea won this thing. I never knew how he got through week to week.

No comments: