15 February 2009

Dollhouse Gets My Conditional Seal of Approval

Eliza Dushku, her adorable dimples, and her hot ass star as Echo, a person who is kind of rented out by an organization (what the FBI calls the Dollhouse). These people ("Actives") are programmed with memories and assignments, and then are wiped after. I think the memories they are given are based off of real people.

The FBI is investigating because it's essentially a human trafficking case, but also something of a legend, as it's hard to get hard evidence on the Dollhouse. It appears that there is a rogue former Active who is trying to help the FBI agent piece things together.

This week, Echo is made into a tough-ass negotiator in order to save a kidnapped girl. Her "persona" has flashbacks of being kidnapped by one of the same kidnappers when she was younger. And it sounds like they said that persona was based on an actual girl who killed herself. So that was weird how the fake life bled into the real one. And also Echo was having flashbacks of real things that happened in the Dollhouse.

The thing that bothers me about this show: one of the people who run the Dollhouse is the guy who was on Journeyman whose eyes are too close together. I don't know if I can take another show starring a guy whose eyes are too close together. They bother me way too much. Hopefully he won't be on much.

I do like the cool Asian aesthetic of the Dollhouse though. I want to go there.

No comments: