05 October 2012

Fringe

Did I mention yet that Last Resort sucks?  It legit sucks.  And I had 2 people I trust recommend it to me!  Needless to say, I no longer trust them.  It's just a dumb, incomprehensible mess and godawful.  Ick.  Anyway, I just watched last night's and it's time to wash the taste out of my mouth with some Fringe.  Let's hope it tastes as good as it used to.  Cuz so far it tastes a little off.  It's weird when a kid and her parents are nearly the same age and when you're not sure what's been happening for 20 years.

Harvard has been taken over by Observers, but the team wants to get into Walter's lab.  "It's not a problem for someone who's done acid," says Walter.  He remembers tunnels beneath the campus.  They find the lab ambered-up and cobwebbed over.  An Observer loyalist happens across the lab and Etta whips out some kind of crazy torture/aging device on him.  Olivia's not so proud of her daughter any longer.  Walter rigs some pig's eyes so they can get through an ocular scanner to get into the science building so they can turn the power back on.  So there's a bunch of gross eyeball stuff which I hate.  Good old Fringe.

Etta and Peter go undercover into the science building where they see experiments being done on humans, brains in jars, etc.  Etta also sees her old pal Desmond's head - and only his head - surrounded by electrodes.  And it blinks.  YAY Fringe!

Using a laser from Walter's laserdisc player, they dig out a camera (Betamax, natch - Walter loves his outdated technology) and videotape. On it, Walter says that he laid out his plan on several videotapes which must be found and put together.  I'm sorry - is this the new Freak of the Week?  Videotape of the Week? It's Lord of the Rings with Betamax!  Mike makes some Harry Potter reference instead.

This Week's Code: FAITH.  As in, have faith that this will feel like my show again.  I miss my Freaks of the Week. :(


No comments: