22 October 2006

Because Baseball is Boring

Watch the Heroes marathon on NBC tonight. No football - what's up with that?

I'm a raving geek with this show. I know Mike's glad I like it too -- it could have easily been like Smallville where I watch it with him and make fun of it the entire time.

It is really really good. It's about more than just an indestructible cheerleader. It's got good writing, good music. There's a huge cast, and all of the stories are interesting. It feels real too, which is amazing considering the subject matter. And Peter Petrelli is the greatest superhero alter ego name since Peter Parker. Say it 3 times, it's awesome.

But you won't be able to see the first episode. The maker of a garbage disposal is suing NBC because the episode features the aforementioned indestructible cheerleader putting her hand down a garbage disposal. The manufacturer says the episode portrays their product in a bad light, because her hand gets mangled. Well, duh. I've never done it, but I've always been tempted to turn on the garbage disposal when someone puts their hand down it. And I'm pretty sure if I did it would be mangled.

No comments: