29 October 2006

Eating My Way Through Florida

We're back from Orlando. It was a really great trip. But Universal was a little bit counterfeit. I hate to say it because I hate Disney as an organization, but GD, they know what they're doing. Disney parks are far superior.

Luckily, we had coupons that got us both of our tickets for $35. Had we paid the regular price of $155 for 2 tickets, I would be bitter. At Universal Studios the rides basically blew, except for the awesome Mummy ride. Islands of Adventure had more rides, and they were fun. The weather was perfect - low 70s. We got there when they first opened and it was a little overcast. It was us and about 6 foreign tourists.

As is the case with most trips, my favorite part involved food. We ate dinner at Emeril's Tchoup Chop - Asian fusion cuisine. It was fabulous - that alone was worth the trip. (Full disclosure: I finally had alcohol - a glass of wine!)

Next time we go to Orlando we will go back to Animal Kingdom and EPCOT. They have new rides on which people have died. Which means they have to be good.

No comments: