15 October 2006

Weekend

I've been having a nice weekend. Yesterday we cleaned the house, then Mike was craving chocolate cake. I made a new recipe - Sour Cream Chocolate Fudge Cake with Chocolate Satin Frosting - from Joy of Cooking. I lightened it up a bit (except for the butter, gotta use butter) - it was good. Today I'm further testing the new oven by making baguettes. Making bread is a tricky thing - I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The dough is currently in the rising stage.

We went to Markham Park today - Mike went biking and I walked around the park. I stayed on the grass and tried to take what little hills there were - that way it almost seemed like hiking. It's a perfect day today - 85, sunny, and breezy. People were grilling in the park, so that got me craving hot dogs. We grilled hot dogs and made a pretty good imitation of CPK's awesome grilled vegetable salad - grilled corn, eggplant, and asparagus, roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes, and avocado. Yum.

To further our culinary adventures, Mike is making meat sauce this afternoon.

We saw The Departed last night. It was awesome!! Boston accents. Alec Baldwin. Matt Damon. Brutality. C words. It was funny too - I love the stereotypical Boston tough guy lines. They work for me. Leonardo wasn't even unbearable for me.

No comments: