08 October 2006

Comedians Rule

Going to see a stand-up comedian is one of my favorite things to do. I think stand-up comedy is the hardest thing in the world to do, and what's better than laughing for an hour straight?

Last night we went to see Jim Gaffigan. He has long been one of my favorite comedians, and this is the first chance I got to see him. I literally laughed for a solid hour. He's frickin' hysterical. And I realized while watching him why he's my favorite - his two main topics: food and being lazy. Hello! That's all me!!! He had some great jokes about being too lazy to recycle. It's as if he read my mind. Hot Pockets!

I think he could be the funniest comedian I've seen. And that's saying a lot because I've seen a lot: Jon Stewart, Chris Rock, Dave Attell, Dave Chappelle, David Cross, Nick Swardson, Dane Cook, Bobby Kelly, Jeffrey Ross. The ones currently on my haven't-seen-but-need-to-see list are Bill Burr, Patrice O'Neal, and Doug Benson. Oh, I see, Doug Benson is going to be at the Miami Improv in December. Guess I better go check that place out! We have 2 Improvs near by, which was one of the first things I checked when we were going to move. Last night's show was at the Parker Playhouse downtown which is a cute old theater.

Oh, and notice there are no women to be found on either of my comedy lists. Women comedians aren't funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart Doug Benson when in December will he be there?

Juju said...

December 15 & 16....come on down!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he was funnier than dane cook...that's like saying that I'm more Mexican than carlos mencia or more southern than larry the cable guy.

you forgot that you've also seen dave chappelle, before he went crazy.