13 September 2007

I'm Picking the Best New Show Early

Before I've even seen any of the new Fall shows, I'm going to go with Journeyman as my new go-to. I'm just getting a vibe. Also, most everything else looks like crap.

Sure, it sounds like Quantum Leap. But was Quantum Leap really that bad? (Don't answer that!) Here's the synopsis:
Dan Vassar is a reporter with a beautiful wife, Katie, an adoring son, and an exploding career. Suddenly he finds himself traveling in time involuntarily and soon figures out that he must resolve problems for the people that he meets. Amongst those he runs into in the past is his deceased fiancee Livia. He struggles with the choice of being able to save her, but bigger twists await.


I think the difference-maker here is going to be this lead actor, Kevin McKidd. I don't know him from Adam, but Mike is hella obsessed with him because he's "my boy from Rome." I can tell watching the commercials that he's good and he's going to bring a nice realism and seriousness to this plot. I'm all over Journeyman, which is B&C's pick for Best New Show. When it blows up, you heard it here first.

Best Night of Television remains with Monday, since we will have Prison Break, Chuck, Heroes, AND Journeyman. Not to mention the obligatory 24 in January. Thank god for DVRs....

No comments: