16 September 2007

Live Blogging the Emmys


8:00 If it's worthwhile, I'll make my comments tonight. First up: Hayden has been swallowed by a dress! This is a thumbs-down for me, unfortunately. And she usually looks so good.

8:50 What I've learned so far: Jeremy Piven has the greatest hair plugs known to man (not at all!) and Katherine Heigl is full of herself, obsessing over the mispronunciation of her name. You stink.

I'm all for Terry O'Quinn and Jaime Pressly winning - yay! I like how the stage is in the round; it's been cool so far.

Paul Abdul drug jokes: 1.

As always, my favorite part of the Emmys is the little video packages the comedy shows put on for their writing nominations. This year, The Colbert Report featured the writers assaulting Stephen Colbert; Alberto Gonzalez said "I don't recall" each Daily Show writers' name; Conan O'Brien loaded day laborers into a truck; David Letterman featured George W. Bush bloopers; and Bill Maher's writers were foot-tapping and hooking up in the men's room.

9:08 In poor taste to have the cast of Roots come out of a cage? Methinks yes.

10:07 Nothing exciting in the last hour. Everyone loves Al Gore. An Oscar, an Emmy, who needs the Presidency?

10:40 Great segment with Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart. Ricky Gervais won for Best Actor, but since he wasn't available, they said they were going to give it to their friend Steve Carell. So Steve came up on stage and they were all jumping around and hugging. LOL.

11:03 I was about to give up all hope when James Spader won for Best Actor, but then 30 Rock won for Best Comedy!

Thank you and good night.

No comments: