18 September 2007

Prison Break Was Crap -- Or Was It?

I thought that last night's premiere was crap crap crap crap, but then I just read a review that said it was great set-up for the season. Maybe it was pretty good set-up, but I wasn't entertained. There's nothing worse than sitting through an episode of Prison Break with nothing to get excited about....

The show is more of a damn cartoon than normal. Bellick in his underwear drinking from a puddle and cleaning toilets; dudes peeing themselves; and this laying-down-the-gauntlet chicken-foot business.

I like how Sona is a lawless, guard-less prison, and yet there are visitation procedures. And Michael is still making origami and wearing hoodies when everyone else is burning hot - guess we won't be seeing that tattoo this year. Everyone is dirty and sweaty and eeeeewwwwwww.

Lincoln was magically exonerated, L.J. (who I thought was in hiding) just happens to run into Sara in Panama and then they are both kidnapped by the Conspiracy People. Plot for Season 3: Michael has to break a Conspiracy Person out of the prison in order to save L.J. and Sara.

Mahone kicked major ass - "go for the kneecaps" and then stepping in and killing the dude when Pussy Scofield couldn't do it.

I'm essentially holding on for Mahone at this point, and the hope that it'll get better. Last season ended up being great, so I'll hang in.

No comments: