02 November 2007

B&C DVR Alert II

Tyra's like a bad car wreck - I can't look away and she always leaves a bloody mess behind. Should I watch this show? I think I HAVE to watch this show.
In what is likely a first for television, Tyra Banks on Monday will devote her entire hour-long talk show to discussing ... the vagina.

"I have wanted to do this show for two years," says Banks, 33. "I know for a lot of women talking about what is going on in our bodies is extremely difficult, but it is incredibly important."

She added, "We should be able to talk to our daughters, sisters, mothers and friends about our bodies and not be embarrassed. I hope after this show women will not be ashamed about what's up down there."

Banks gives her audience an anatomy quiz, welcomes two gynecologists to the show, and shows a segment in which she takes a 28-year-old Plano, Texas, woman to her very first gynecological appointment – all in an effort to educate women about what can be an uncomfortable topic.

She explains: "My mother told me to look at myself because, 'It's just another part of your body that needs to be healthy just like your eyes, your nose, your ears, your mouth and everything else.' "

No comments: