11 November 2007

I Went to Disney World!

We went to Orlando this weekend to take advantage of great weather and a cheap hotel. It's amazing to me that going to Disney hasn't gotten old for me yet, considering it involves 3 things I hate: crowds of tourists, rest stops, and buffets.

We spent the first part of Saturday at Animal Kingdom. We hadn't been there for a few years. Everest is the new indoor/outdoor roller coaster, and it was awesome. We did that twice. The Safari ride is so fun too.

In the afternoon we went to Epcot Center, always my favorite. We had lunch in Germany, which is officially the only buffet I like. Buffet-style is perfect for German food because you really only want a sampling of everything. Good good stuff. We had dinner in China. This was the final weekend of the Epcot Wine and Food Festival. They had lots of different stands with little plates of food and wine for purchase. We're definitely going to go back to do that next year, so if you like food, come visit us. The plan is to start at 11 AM and eat my way around the world all day!

I formulated a new theory over the course of the trip. You know how most domestic abuse takes place on Super Bowl Sunday? Well I've got to figure that the second-most domestic abuse is doled out on Disney vacations. One of my favorite parts of the day is that time right at dusk (I like to call it the "magic hour") when families are exhausted and hungry and you hear kids and adults yelling and being yelled at. I relish other people's misery. The closest I came to misery was when Mike forced me to watch the 30-minute stage presentation in America - featuring "animatronic actors." Lordy.

No comments: