29 November 2007

Project Runway: Menswear

At the beginning, the show helps me distinguish among all the tattooed, jacked gays by telling us one is HIV-positive. He shall now be known as Hivvie and I'm rooting for him!! He's had HIV for 17 years, which I thought was something only Magic Johnson could pull off. He won this challenge too.

The challenge was menswear. On Project Runway, Menswear = Death. They have to design for Tiki Barber, so they get male models. Male models in a room full of gays! Hilarity ensued. Finally, models I want to see in their underwear.

Carmen ("Kelis") and Sweet P (freak) were the real nightmares. Carmen did the one with the horrid brown jacket and no shirt because she couldn't get it done, and Sweet P did the one with the shirt with the busted-up collar that reminded me of the shirt Denise made for Theo on The Cosby Show. It was the same pattern! I think Sweet P should have gone, but Carmen was eliminated. It's a shame she got kicked out for menswear - she seemed really talented.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I didn't get to see the show before I read this (and I still only got to see the last half), but I was so afraid that it was going to be Chris Marsh who had HIV. He's fabulous. But alas, it's Jack.