19 November 2009

Project Runway: The Finale Finale

Yes, I actually stay up to watch the finale almost-live so I don't get accidentally spoiled. That's a fate worse than death, kids.

Carol Hannah's still sick, head in the toilet before going in to sew. I feel bad, but eventually it's like, enough, bitch. Are you crying because you're sick or are you crying because you have work to do? I couldn't tell. I would have quit and gone home to bed, but I guess that's just me.

Once again, Althea seems to be biting on Irina - this time copying the makeup look Irina chose. Then again, it's not like Irina has a freaking copyright on the smokey eye. Althea's just like me - she wants to be Irina.

Backstage, Tim starts freaking out because the models aren't ready and he wants them lined up. This is what happens when 3 chicks are in the finale - stuff runs late and Tim loses his cool. It's hysterical.

Althea claims she was inspired by sci-fi movies of the 50s and 60s. She had a really nice mix of jackets, pants, and dresses - her last dress is quite stunning. And of course she had sweaters - COPYCAT! Her line was more sportswear.

Carol Hannah suddenly feels better, now that she's done working. Her stuff looks great on the runway - I was surprised! I could die for the shade of purple she used. There were a couple things (hi there, shorts and cape!) I could have done without, but overall it was great. Though I don't think it was really cohesive - I don't understand what the commonality was.

Irina seemed super nervous on the runway. I thought her stuff worked very well as a cohesive collection, but there was a LOT of black. The stuff had an edge to it too which I liked, with some of her signature soft sweaters mixed in. As much as I love Irina, I liked Carol Hannah's clothes the most. But I still think Irina should win because she got the concept of making a collection.

There's no real celebrity finale judge this season, which sucks. Just some fat fashion critic whose hair looks like Cameron Diaz's in There's Something About Mary. I don't think that was hair gel she used up front. Did she forget to take a curler out or something? I didn't get it.

Winner: Irina! Yay! My girl - bitch though she may be - was also the best!!!

Best news of all? Season 7 premieres January 14.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Soooo does that mean that the next season will have a Baby Bump or did it start too late?!?!
And can't you just picture that guest judge walking in and Michael and Nina busting out laughing?