24 November 2009

SYTYCD: Performances

1. Ellenore and Ryan

A) Lindy Hop. It was actually amazing. I was quite surprised, considering it was this old-fashioned dance. They were both really cute and energetic. And again Ryan is totally tolerable -- when he's wearing a shirt! Cover that crap up, man.

B) Broadway. Wow, they really drew 2 cutesy styles, didn't they? It had a bit of a quirky feel, which suits her style well. They were really strong and professional.

2. Kathryn and Legacy

A) Jazz by Sonya! I think I'm going to miss this couple the most once they all get broken up next week. It was another great, quirky Sonya routine and they killed it. They are both really amazing, and Legacy got to work in some cool b-boy moves.

B) Viennese Waltz. If Legacy does well at this, that solidifies him - he will be the most amazing dancer ever. It looked amazing to me. I'm a sucker for a B boy who can also do a mean waltz and cry about it. I guess technically it wasn't great, but it was pretty and I liked it.

3. Karen and Victor - New couple alert!

A) Tango. It was pretty goddamn amazing, and the perfect routine for the two of them.

B) Hip Hop by Laurieann Gibson. It wasn't great, and there were a couple times where they were off-sync. Eh. The judges were the exact opposite of enthusiastic.

4. Mollee and Nathan

A) Hip Hop. It was weird hip hop because it was about Alexander Graham Bell inventing the telephone. Not lying. They were way too cutesy and smiley - I didn't like it.

B) Cancan by Tyce. That's new. Parts of it were technically good and parts of it were hella cringe-worthy. It was a novelty kind of dance but it didn't move me.

5. Noelle and Russell

A) Samba. It was OK, but a bit awkward. She was awkward looking and seemed to get tired. Neither dancer's hips moved quickly enough.

B) Contemporary by Tyce. Hey - Katee from last season was totally assisting Tyce! It was really good. They both seemed really strong during the dance. Great lines and really powerful. It was so good, and Russell did an aerial!

6. Ashleigh and Jakob

A) Lyrical Jazz by Sonya! They're a great couple too. They had some amazing lifts and jumps. Sonya sure had 2 amazing routines by 2 great couples.

B) Cha Cha. It was goddamn amazing. It was her style, so of course she killed it, but I really love Jakob. He reminds me of Neil and I loved Neil. They have good chemistry too - for a minute there, I almost believed he would bang her.

No comments: