17 June 2011

Green Lantern


I don't even know what to say.

Honestly, I wanted to just write, "That. Effing. Sucked."

Here -- let me offer Mike's review: "It was alright. I hope it makes a lot of money so they can make another one and improve it."

If you know Mike, that's the equivalent of the Worst. Movie. Ever.

OK. So. Green Lantern. I guess from the beginning I was worried I wouldn't like it. Because of it being so alien and about outer space and not based in realism. But then I saw Thor. I had the same worries about Thor and it turned out fine. And I mean, come on - Ryan Reynolds! He's hot and snarky - gotta love him.

No.

Dialogue? Atrocious. "Plot"? Nonexistent. Character development? Zippy. No, really, the dialogue was so awful it was cringe-worthy. Corny (and NOT corny in a self-aware way, just plain bad) and stilted and lifeless. The whole movie was joyless. I think that sums it up. Look, they're not all gonna be The Dark Knight, but at least be entertaining. If I were the kind of person who would walk out of a movie, I would have left this one. It's that horrid.

I'm disappointed. I was hoping it would be decent. But if you see one movie about an intergalactic corps of aliens that save the universe starring Ryan Reynolds, make it Super 8.

No comments: