21 August 2011

30 Minutes or Less


30 Minutes or Less gets an "I've Seen Worse" rating from me. Which means, "I've Seen Funnier." With a cast featuring Danny McBride, Nick Swardson, and Aziz Ansari, it should have been the funniest movie ever. It's not awful, but something just failed in the execution. Now, it could be the subject matter. I mean, strapping a bomb to a pizza guy and forcing him to rob a bank is something that actually happened, and ended badly. So it's hard from the beginning for me to buy this as a comedy. But action/crime/comedies have worked before - I'm thinking of Pineapple Express. This wasn't as good as that. But I could watch Danny McBride and Aziz Ansari read the phone book and I'd be amused, so I've seen worse.

It's not an awful movie. It's not a total waste of time. And if it's 100 degrees outside, it's not a bad idea. Ringing endorsement!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness!! did they steal this idea from Erie County?!?!