27 August 2006

The Emmys are Dead to Me

8:25 Really? Alan Alda? Really? Go to hell Emmys. My TV won't fit through the window, so I guess I'll keep watching. Besides, Conan is HYSTERICAL!

8:50 I don't even want to discuss Jean Smart's denial. But I am looking forward to that Barry Manilow performance. I'm glad Greg Garcia won for "My Name is Earl" - he used to intern on The Don & Mike Show don't you know.

9:00 The only way this Dick Clark tribute could be more riveting is if it were delivered by Alan Alda.

9:02 And now Dick Clark is on stage and I feel really, really bad for making that comment. God bless you Dick Clark.

9:15 I don't know if I want to live in a world where Barry Manilow beats Stephen Colbert. I just don't know.

9:30 Every year I look forward to the little videos of the nominations for Best Variety/Comedy Show Writing. This year didn't disappoint, especially the Conan Indian writing staff.

9:45 Haven't Middle Easterners dominated the Emmys for long enough? Steve Carell was robbed!

10:45 I was awoken from my Emmy coma -- Jack Bauer rules!

11:00 Yes, The Office IS the best comedy on television and 24 IS the best drama. Emmys - you're not all bad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say, GO Alan Alda! He deserves it for such powerful performances in clasic movies and TV appearances as Canadian Bacon, Murder at 1600..and oh yes, lest we forget, "ER - 'Humpty Dumpty'".....everytime I think of that episode...I tear....DAMN THE POWER OF FILM!!!!!