30 August 2006

Hurricane Nubbins

All is well here in Florida. It ended up being a weak Tropical Storm. As luck would have it, I moved onto Lush Street, so we spent some time last evening hanging out on a neighbor's driveway drinking. No one wanted to stay indoors without natural light. This morning we walked around and saw just a couple palm tree limbs down. I've seen worse rain and wind on a random afternoon. So that's good news. At least we got to practice and see what it's like to prepare. Time to take down the hurricane shutters! Now it's headed up north and I bet the weather will end up being worse there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby's first tropical storm!!! I'm glad everything turned out just fine...it's like a hurricane drill! I'm looking forward to a rainy, rainy weekend in PA.