24 August 2006

Poll: what racial group is going to win and why?

Get ready for a segregated "Survivor."
On the upcoming season of the CBS show as contestants will be divided into four tribes by ethnicity; blacks, whites, Latinos and Asians will be in separate groups.

The announcement was made on CBS' Early Show. Host Jeff Probst says the idea "actually came from the criticism that 'Survivor' was not ethnically diverse enough." He says the twist fits in perfectly with what "Survivor" does, saying the show is "a social experiment. And this is adding another layer to that experiment." Probst says contestants had mixed reactions to the racial divisions.

Keep in mind that the blacks can't swim and that some of the whites may actually be Jews.

4 comments:

Juju said...

I'm laughing too hard to even vote at the moment. I have to think this through.

Juju said...

Wow - a racist Survivor. Way to go CBS.

OK, so the undercover Jews will bring down the whites. Asians? A lot of these Survivors have been in Asian countries, haven't they? So they come from these places. Still, these contestants are most likely Twinkies. I'm gonna go with the Latinos on this one. I think they work well in teams -- you know at least their food will be good.

On a side note - Donald Trump had talked about doing a black vs. white Apprentice a while back. Bet he's totally pissed they stole his idea. I don't watch Survivor, but since I love me some racial tension, I might have to watch this one. Anything that stirs the melting pot.

Juju said...

And one more thing - besides the lack of American Indians, what about your people? Were they afraid of the real trouble they would cause? Or would their weak ankles be their downfall?

H said...

I'm definitely rooting for the Mexicans....they're the ones I look the most like anyway.