22 October 2007

Heroes Rules

Even with the vast number of characters and the jam-packed, slightly-uneven start to the season, I am feeling quite optimistic now. And the previews for next week looked great. I'm a sucker for editing I guess.

This episode was good, and featured maybe the greatest sequence yet. Matt and Nathan find Matt's creepy dad, who at first seems to be cooperating, but then he uses his powers to lock each of them in a nightmare. For Nathan it's post-apocalyptic New York and a burned-up version of himself. For Matt, it's being imprisoned and facing his ex-wife and (his?) baby. Then comes the cool part - where they fight someone in their respective dreams but really they are fighting each other. It was cool. Finally Matt realizes it and they both awaken from their nightmares. Matt's dad has gone off, presumably in search of the next target: Bob.

The Company sends Mohinder to get Monica. Monica has realized that her copycat abilities aren't limited to television. Micah is playing the piano and she copies it. Micah reveals his power to her and then they decide to go have some fun testing their powers. Kids have the best ideas. She duplicates double-dutch and Bruce Lee. If I could copy anything, what would I watch on TV? I'd probably watch martial arts, gymnastics, Project Runway, and Top Chef.

Peter's Irish girlfriend is a painter and when he sees a blank canvas he goes all Future Painty. And paints Montreal. Also, Kristen Bell is looking for Peter. "A company" sent her to find him. She has the Power of Electricity - excellent!! What is the appeal of Kristen Bell? I mean, I see it. I do. I like the girl, even though I've never watched Veronica Mars. Is it just that she's spunky and cute? Cuz she's just adorable. She's searching for Peter, but then gets a phone call calling her off the hunt. From someone she calls "Daddy." Bob? Bennet? The Haitian?

No comments: