29 October 2007

Memories.....

I sit here eating the Wheat Thins I didn’t eat on my Southwest flight home last night, pondering my trip up North. It was loads of fun, and the temperature was just right.

Wednesday and Thursday we were tourists in DC. I recommend my itinerary for anyone who wants to do a quick and dirty DC trip. Day 1: National Gallery of Art. Pay more attention to the East Building for more modern art. They have a great Edward Hopper exhibit right now. Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. Dinosaur bones, gems, taxidermied animals, cavemen. What’s not to like? Day 2: Air & Space Museum. Be sure to buy astronaut ice cream. Lunch at the National Museum of the American Indian. Best food court in town – buffalo, elk, salmon, pumpkin soup, guacamole, and chicken fingers if you really need that touristy food. The museum is a quick one to see as well. Finally, the Hirshhorn Museum for more modern art. We lucked out weather-wise, because it was really just misting/drizzling all day, no biggie.

We stayed in an alleged swingers hotel in DC. Sure, everything about it said “Swingers Hotel”. But I swear I didn’t know that, and I didn’t notice any swinging activity, and I would totally stay there again because it was cool. We had dinner at Central, which I loved. It's run by the French version of that comedian dude that doesn't like the blacks. The cheese puffs and apple beer were money! The second night we had dinner at Chez Morrissey - equally as good!

In Baltimore we went to the National Aquarium and then had an authentic Maryland dinner, complete with crab cakes and Maryland crab soup. Can't find that in Florida! FYI - the Aquarium is still a rip-off. It was a rip-off when it was $14. Now it's $21.95!!! That's B.S.!

In Pennsylvania it was sunny and 60. Delightful. Lots of colorful trees and we spent lots of time with family.

Pictures to follow when I get around to downloading them.... I have a lot of TV watching to do!

No comments: