03 October 2007

New Fall Television

I know you are eagerly awaiting my report on the new Fall shows. Two episodes in is probably a little early to make a judgment, but when has that stopped me before. I love making judgments!

K-Ville: I'll give it another watch and then it's off my DVR. I love Anthony "I'll give you a hint - it's semen" Anderson and the New Orleans setting is intriguing. But the plots of the first two episodes were essentially the same: bad guys trying to chase people out of their neighborhood so they can either buy it out and rebuild it or turn it into green space. So that plot needs to change by next week.

Life: I've only seen the pilot (I think it airs Wednesdays) but it was my favorite new show. The Grown-Up Ginger Kid lead, Damian Lewis, is really good. His character is a Los Angeles detective who spent 12 years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. Now he has a ton of money from the settlement, his job back, and the desire to solve his case. He's as quirky as Jeff Goldblum's character on Raines, but I like him more. The quirk works here. Unfortunately, I predict that this will be the first new show to be canceled.

Chuck: I already think it's pretty good and really funny, and I hear the rest of the episodes are better. So this will remain on my DVR for Tuesday viewing.

Journeyman: Haven't caught the second episode yet, but I really liked the premise of the first one and like the lead dude so I'm going to keep up with this one too.

Bionic Woman: I had already seen the pilot at Comic-Con, but watched it again since they re-worked it. It's a good show, but I need to see how the next few episodes are.

Cavemen: God help me, I watched this last night. Really just because I heard how horrible it was and I felt like watching for the cringe value. Tragically, I ended up laughing out loud 3 or 4 times. I'm so sorry. Nick Kroll can say anything and it's funny. It's pretty surreal watching a show about f-ing Cavemen, but it was funny and I'll probably watch again to see if it remains so.

I think that's it for the new shows I'm watching. I'll watch or record Pushing Daisies tonight just because I heard it's good. But from the commercials the lead actor Lee Pace is really unappealing. Look at him: he looks like a total douche.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

K-Ville: want to like it but it's not easy... probably going to pass on 3rd episode

Life: haven't seen it b/c I'm sure it'll be gone in 5 weeks

Chuck: I like this one

Journeyman: I didn't know TV Land sold the rights to this story....I prefer the scott bakula version

Bionic Woman: no thanks.

Cavemen: Hell to the No

Pushing Daisies: I actually liked it...likely to get cancelled too b/c it's to weird

Kid Nation: Best show on Television