10 October 2007

Jack Bauer Will Kick Ass in Prison


Kiefer Sutherland has struck a deal in his DUI case, pleading no contest Tuesday to a misdemeanor drunk-driving charge, according to court documents.

His attorney, Blair Berk, met with city prosecutors ahead of his scheduled arraignment next week. The Los Angeles City Attorney's office is recommending to the judge that Sutherland be sentenced to 48 days in jail – 30 days for the DUI conviction, and an additional 18 days for violating his probation.

The actor, 40, will be sentenced on Dec. 21.

"I'm very disappointed in myself for the poor judgment I exhibited recently, and I'm deeply sorry for the disappointment and distress this has caused my family, friends and co-workers on 24 and at 20th Century Fox," Sutherland said in a statement. "I appreciate the support and concern that has been extended to me these last weeks both personally and professionally."

The actor was arrested Sept. 25 after he was pulled over for making an illegal U-turn in Hollywood. Police said he then failed a field sobriety test.

No comments: