31 December 2009

The Real World: DC

I'm watching this season of The Real World solely because it's taking place in Washington, DC. I'm more interested in the background than the people.

Let's meet the roommates:

Ashley and Mike - they're actually excited to be in DC for good reasons - history, politics, etc. I love them already.

Andrew - cute in a goofy, floppy-haired kind of way - too bad he's not gay. He's already in love with Emily, who is from a religious cult.

Callie - wants to be a photographer and is cute because she's curvy.

Ty - the hot brother from Baltimore. Well, he didn't have to go far, did he? My sister warned me he was hot. Yep. He is. And he's all adopted and vulnerable too. Hottest guy since Alton.

Erika and Josh - both want to be singers. Josh is a typical ugly Philly dirtbag.

ARE THERE NO GAY PEOPLE HERE!? (I still stand by my initial impression that Andrew's gay though.) Emily claims to be bi. Halfway through the episode, my prayers are answered - MIKE IS BI-SEXUAL!!!! THANK YOU!!! HOT! He just got 100% hotter in my eyes and I'm giddy as hell. I eagerly anticipate a Mike/Andrew hook-up.

They live in my dream DC house, only the decor is... interesting. The rooms are decorated with patriotic colors and portraits of presidents, and there's an Oval Office-esque room. Lame.

There's a lot of religious discussion; it's actually shockingly interesting! And luckily they appear to be drinking while having it, so things get a bit out of hand and verbally violent. YAY! And then - the next day - they talk things out rationally. This can't possibly continue. Ashley and Ty decide they won't get along though, so I look forward to more fights from them.

No comments: