16 December 2009

SYTYCD: Results: FINALE

It's the So You Think You Can Dance finale which means it's that time of year when I threaten to renounce my American citizenship and move to Canada (the horror!) if things go wrong.

We get some guest judges tonight: Lil C, Tyce, and Debbie Allen. Nice to finally have some different faces. Cat looks fabulous, but then I notice the serious metal around her neck. It probably weighs 6 pounds.

We got the usual "best of" routines picked by the judges. Kevin, Legacy, and Russell performed their fabulous hip hop routine. Amazing. We got Jakob and Ellenore's great Sonya routine. The tappers. *snooze* Then Ashleigh and Ryan performed their own ballroom routine and I was just like, OMG they could cure cancer and I wouldn't care. I'd still hate them. They just annoy the piss out of me and always will.

We also got Kathryn and Jakob (sense a pattern?) from last night; Nathan and Mollee's Bollywood; Legacy and Ellenore's crazy good Travis Wall routine; Noelle and Russell's amazing African Jazz routine; what I thought was an average routine by the Contemporary dancers; Russell (sense a pattern?) and Kathryn's hip hop from last night.

SHOCKING NEWS! As the dancers are brought out onto the stage for the first time, there's a delay. Russell is being helped out by Ryan because he "busted" his leg!! And he's crying about it! When did he have time to hurt himself and it must be bad! I feel so awful. Maybe he was crying more out of disappointment though and not pain. Because they had to show the tapes of the African Jazz performance and the second Hip Hop performance. Poor Noelle - didn't get to return to the spotlight.

Here's how they placed:

6. Ryan. Yes!
5. Ashleigh. The evening is going just as I planned. Fabulous.
4. Ellenore. I'm fine with that based on last night's performances.
3. Kathryn. Agree. It's hard for me to believe she's that same girl who would get all high-pitched and weepy. She turned out to be a great dancer.

At this point, I'm really fine with whatever way the guys fall - I'm so happy!!

2. Jakob
1. Russell!!!!

Honestly, I'm probably actually happier that Russell won. Jakob is amazing and will get a job with a troupe no problem and will have a fabulous career. Russell is the diamond in the rough who got to prove that a crumper can learn different styles. He needs it more. I'm happy!

No comments: