05 December 2009

Top Chef

The Final Four gather in Napa Valley in the Fall and it's gorgeous.

Quickfire: Cook on the moving Napa Valley Wine Train, using grapes. Michael wins, and wins a Prius. Bryan looks bitter. I just recently realized how utterly humorless Bryan is.

Elimination Challenge: Make 2 dishes for 150 people - one vegetarian, one with a protein, both 100% local.

Bryan makes Goat Cheese Ravioli with squash puree, which is totally close to what he served us. Yeah, those goat cheese ravioli were killer. He makes short ribs too. I would murder someone for some short ribs right now. (I'm just getting over being sick which means I'm ravenous.)

Kevin makes amazing food once again. Pumpkin polenta, roasted carrots, braised beef, I'm all over it. This turkey burger I just ate ain't cutting it.

They're all really good - it's a strong Final Four. But someone has to leave.

Winner: Bryan.

Bye-bye: Jennifer. Damn. An all-male finale. We're still guaranteed some bitchiness though, as The Brothers have to go up against each other.

GO KEVIN! Or Bryan. But, you know, mostly KEVIN!

No comments: