08 December 2009

SYTYCD: Performances

Ashleigh doesn't come out in the introduction of the 8 dancers and I'm all WTF!? Is she injured? Yep. She comes out with her arm in a sling because she dislocated her shoulder earlier in the day. She wants to dance, but the doctors won't clear her. That stinks for whoever is paired up with her. They still bring her out so she can get some votes. I hope she doesn't.

Cat is wearing a gold lamé shorts-suit. She's amazing. Always. I truly don't know what there is left for her to wear.

1. Kathryn and Ryan. They're the blandest couple left.

A) Disco. It had crazy lifts, since that's all he's good for. His rhinestoned pants distracted (and blinded) me. I just have a problem with him, and they're very cheeseball and whitebread. It was just a'ight for me, dawg.

B) Cha Cha. It's a great routine, with all kinds of crazy lifts and footwork. Considering how dull they are, it was great and I loved it. Ryan had a long-sleeved shirt on, which helped, though it kept coming all open in the front. Gag.

2. Mollee and Jakob. Mollee, get away from my man.

A) Viennese Waltz. It was really great. Jakob just drives me crazy, he's so good. And he always brings his partners to another level, so she was great too. Jakob's just so amazing. I'm in love.

B) Broadway. They both have very gymnastic abilities, and they were great. But damn he really does amaze me -- his extensions, his huge movements, guh. Love him.

3. Ellenore and Legacy.

A) Contemporary by Travis Wall. It was this cool, tightly-choreographed, hard-hitting dance. Lots of throwing themselves around. Very cool for both of their styles.

B) Hip Hop by Tabitha & Napoleon. It was a cool, quirky routine that really fit their styles, once again. It didn't seem that hard though, or at least not as hard at their previous routine. I like this couple. The judges crapped all over the choreography, it was funny.

4. Not-Ashleigh and Russell. Russell gets screwed on partners AGAIN!? How unfair. And I really think they would have been a good couple in these styles. I only like Ashleigh when she's paired with a dude I like.

A) Hip Hop by Shane Sparks. Russell dances with Shane's assistant on this one. And I play the "Fat or Pregnant?" game with the assistant. Seriously. Why is Russell always paired with the big girls? He was great, of course, but it's always a bit off-putting when people are paired with another person at the last minute. I feel bad and it's the main focus, instead of the dancing. People better vote for Russell!!

B) Bollywood. This assistant is way hotter. It was a great, high-energy routine, as the Bollywood routines always are. The chick was amazing and Russell was great too, he had such great positive energy. It looked really hard. Is it wrong to say that Russell's good at ethnic-type dancing? He's good at the ethnic dancing.

Russell did his solo dressed as Santa Claus. Epic. I love you, Russell.

No comments: